PostureSmart® provides a positive preventative and affordable solution to Back Care.
Distinctive support styling and multi independent adjustment encourages correct posture
PostureSmart = Dynamic Adjustment
PostureSmart = Active Back Care
PostureSmart = Dynamic Ergonomics
PostureSmart = Active Support
PostureSmart® 06 was developed with the help of an Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist and features an extra gently contoured backrest providing excellent back support, whilst at the same time helping to prevent hunching ( which can be a contributing cause of shoulder and neck pain) . This backrest is siutable for users 5' 5" to 6’ 1”.
PostureSmart ®06 provides outstanding back support for a chair in this price band and along with the additional features available offers a truly inexpensive solution to a modern day problem, poor seated posture and back pain
PostureSmart® 06 is a true performance chair suitable for general use as well as being SATRA certified for continuous 24 hour use in call centres and control rooms.
As well as an Inflatable Lumbar Support 2 additional inflatable supports are available in the backrest, these being the Thoracic panel for additional upper back support, a Sacrum support for very lower back support, the Sacrum panel is positioned just below the inflatable lumbar and is a common area requiring additional support.
A Fully Functional and removable Headrest/Neck Support is available as an option, it is fully supportive by being height, tilt and rake adjustable.
As standard The chair is fitted with a heavy duty mechanism which has A/Synchronised (Independent) movement , this offers the flexibility for adjustment of seat and backrest angles independently by using separate lever controls. Also included is a bodyweight tension control system, located underneath the seat. The back height adjustment is a simple leverless lift-up system offering easy adjustment. All adjustments can be carried out from the seated position making these chairs truly Ergonomic. This mechanism is SATRA tested to 150kgs.
PostureSmart® 06 chairs are exceptional for use as bad back chairs as well as for broad-spectrum office use, they are corrective and preventative by design.
The seat uses high quality 3” (75mm) deep fill foam for user comfort as well as durability, they do not collapse after a short period of time and are intended to last the life of the chair in normal use.
PostureSmart® Pocket Spring Seat System
The revolutionary PostureSmart® Pocket Spring system is available as an option on this chair. PostureSmart® Pocket is a system comprising of 72 individual pocket springs, it has been specifically developed to enhance posture and at the same time as also having orthopaedic properties. The system provides unrivalled weight distribution and assists in the reduction of spinal compression.
The pocket sprung systems is really quite simple and works on the same principal as a pocket sprung mattress, as a person moves on the chair the seat itself takes the shape of the individual and provides corrective support and core stability, unlike foam which compresses and does not have resilience. The PostureSmart option is very affordable, only Ł47 per chair, making it ideal for use in Offices, Call Centres, Control Rooms, and Home Office environments.
None of our seating is supplied “Off the Shelf” they are made to order. This allows customers an immense choice of options and fabric colours so tailoring the chair or chairs, to specific user or business requirements.
All PostureSmart® chairs are manufactured in the UK by experts to the highest standards, we aim to ship in approximately 20/25 working days, however please call and we would be pleased to answer any questions that you may have prior to placing your order.
The standard fabric used for the upholstery on this model is called ‘Flambend’ usually charged as an upgrade at additional cost by other providers. Flamblend has a very good abrasion rating and is treated for stain resistance, it has a medium hazard rating for fire Retardancy, it is FR5 rated making it ideal for organisations requiring this classification, such as the NHS.
As an alternative and at a cost option of Ł12.50 we also offer ‘Carnival’ which is a luxurious and exceptionally durable fabric made up of 80% pure new wool and 20 % nylon, the fabric style is a crepe type finish.
Carnival fabric has been tested for durability and has one of the highest abrasion classifications that we know of, making it ideal for 24/7 or control room use. The standard range we offer will be 12 colours however a further 10 colours are available as a non-standard option, a pdf of the full fabric chart, including full specification, is available upon request.
Carnival has a FR5 Flame Retardancy classification and is suitable for use in Medium Hazard locations such as Hospitals where this classification is required.
• Please Click Here to view the Flamblend Colour swatch chart
• Please Click Here to view the Carnival Colour swatch chart
Click here to view a demonstration video.
• Physiotherapist, Ergonomist & Chiropractor Approved
• Gentle Tri-Curved Backrest. Height adjustable with a positive leverless ratchet action
• Double curved Deep Fill Waterfall Seat with 3” Deep Seat Foam
• A/Synchronised Movement For Correct Posture (Independent adjustment of Backrest and Seat angles)
• Bodyweight Tension Control
• High Quality 80% Pure New Wool Fabric – (ideal for 24 hour application)
• 24 Hour Application
• Suitable for users weighing up to 150kg (24 stone)
• Full 5 Year Manufacturers Guarantee, 2 Years for 24-hour use, subject to normal usage
• Inflatable Lumbar Support
• Inflatable Sacrum Support
• Inflatable Thoracic Support
• PostureSmart® - Pocket Sprung Seat
• Seat Slide – increases seat depth by up to 50mm taking overall seat depth to 520mm
• Multi Adjustable Removable Headrest with height, depth and rake adjustments.
• Polished Base Aluminium Base
• Height Adjustable or Height Adjustable + Foldaway Arms
• Durham Height and Depth Adjustable Arms.
• Coccyx Cut-Out for Individuals with Coccydynia or Tailbone Injury
• Genuine Leather upholstery (please contact for details) This is a bespoke option
• Hard Floor Castors - Designed for use on Wood/Laminate and hard floor surfaces
• Seat height adjusts from 490 to 610mm.
• Seat width 490mm
• Overall width 640mm (with arms)
• Seat depth 470mm
• Back height 590 - 650mm
• Delivery Free to Mainland UK except Scottish Highlands, Islands,N. Ireland and Channel Islands. If the delivery point does not include free shipping, please choose the shipping destination from the Drop Down Menu.
• All Prices exclude VAT which will be added at the checkout
|ActivPocket-Pocket Sprung Seat:
|Fully Upholstered Rear Backrest:
|Inflatable Lumbar support:
|Inflatable Sacrum Support:
|Inflatable Thoracic Support: